As an organisation admin, you can create single & multiple-day events for your organisations in MNM Event. You can also create online, repetitive, and fundraiser events. In this article, we will focus on simple events to avoid confusion.
Only organisations can create events. If you have an organisation, switch to the organisation profile from the My Organisations menu. If you do not have one, you can create yours. (see article)
1. A simple event refers to single- or multiple-day events. To create one, click on Create Event to get started. Event creation consists of eight steps.
2. The first step is mandatory to proceed to the next step. Add the following details to proceed to the next steps:
- Event sport
- Event category (Course&Seminar, Tournament, Match Card, Race, Training&Bootcamp)
- Sub-organiser (shows affiliated clubs of the national federations)
- Event name
- Event timezone
- Event excerpt
- Event URL (auto-generated)
- Why to attend the event? (optional)
- Offline Payment Instructions (Instructions to show under Offline Payment Option)
- Event-Specific Currency (If you select a currency unit of the organisation in the membership management, the system gets it automatically.)
- If the event category is race, additional details are needed to publish the event. For details, view the article (Settings and Management for Race Events).
- The currency unit of the event cannot be changed after the event is created.
- The sub-organiser organisation has admin-level access to the event management pages.
3. The second step is Settings. Provide these details to proceed to the next steps:
If the Enable is selected, all attendees will automatically be approved. This is the default selection. However, if you want to go through each attendee and approve or disapprove the individually, you can select Disable.
- Application Type
- Organisational (Coming soon)
- Membership Level
- None (If it is selected, Attendees will not be required to have any membership.)
- Club (If it is selected, the attendee should be a member athlete of a club to apply to the event.)
- National Federation (If it is selected, the attendee should be an affiliated athlete of the National Federation to apply to the event.)
- National Team (If it is selected, the attendee should be an affiliated athlete of the National Team to apply to the event.)
- Equipments (to announce what gear will be needed. Attendees can also download the equipment guide in PDF.)
- Required Document (to complete attendee's application)
- Document Name
- Document Description
- Need attendee’s approval (The customer should be able to review/download the template and give approval via a checkbox.)
- Need attendee’s copy (The customer should be able to review/download the template and upload an updated copy on supported formats.)
- Need attendee’s access link (The customer should be able to review/download the template and input an access link.)
- Template or Copy the document
4. If you're planning to have divisions, click "Enable", and then select the divisions that can participate in the event (all or specific divisions). This tab is valid for the event categories except for the race (view Settings and Management for Race Events)
5. Then, set timing for single- or multiple-day events.
- Start date
- Start time
- End date
- End time
Note: Do not check the Add Repetitive Schedules, we'll discuss it in its own section.
6. In this step, create and view tickets for the event. Click Create Ticket to add one.
You can create free and paid tickets. Fill out the details to proceed.
- Price (set 0 for free tickets)
- Total Ticket Quantity (denotes the max bookings for each ticket)
- Booking Limit Per Customer (denotes how many times the same customer can purchase this ticket)
- Description (ticket amenities info) (optional)
- Taxes (defined by MNM Event Admin) (optional)
- Promo codes (defined by MNM Event Admin) (optional)
- Sale Start & End Dates (optional)
- Sale Price (optional)
7. Event location details can be added via a Google search and by selecting a result. This way, the form can automatically be filled out based on your exact selection. Alternatively, you can manually input Google Maps' Lat-long data to triangulate on the venue and to pin it on the google map which will be shown on the event page. Decide on the venue and then enter the other details and go to next step.
- Google Search Location
- Youtube/Vimeo Embed Code (trailer etc.) (optional)
- Google Map Lat. (optional)
- Google Map Long. (optional)
- Venue Address Address (optional)
Note: Do not check the Online Event, we'll mention it in another section.
7. Upload an event poster, a thumbnail, and images and crop and adjust them if it is necessary. Make sure that you upload images that are within the specified size range. In addition, you can also define an image gallery and youtube video for the event.
- Poster Image
- Images Gallery (optional)
- YouTube Video ID (optional)
8. Type in the meta titles, keywords, and descriptions. These tags will be specific for each event and are for event-specific SEO.
- Meta Title (optional)
- Meta Tags/Keywords (optional)
- Meta Description (optional)
9. This is the final step before publishing. In this section, you can create tags to mention your sponsors, team, coaches etc., or add previously defined tags by you.
- Tag Image
- Sub Title (optional)
- Website (optional)
- Profile page (optional)
10. Save all tags and then click Publish to start ticket selling. You can also Unpublish / Publish anytime.